Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Dinner w/Friends @ Luce‏

Ladies & Gentlemen,
'Dostoyevsky' (1821 – 1881), one of Russia's most eminent
authors and essayist, best known for his novels 'Crime and
Punishment' and 'The Brothers Karamazov', was considered by
many as one of the founding fathers of 20th-century
'Existentialism'.

I was a guest at a soirée entitled 'Dinner with Friends
@ Luce'. The food was delicious, the service cordial and
the ambiance was jazzy. There was even a balladeer who
serenaded us after dinner and throughout the evening.

Except for my little corner of the table there were mostly
new faces. While I perused down the long table I thought
of something Dostoyevsky wrote over a century ago. . .

'We sometimes encounter people, even perfect strangers, who
begin to interest us at first sight, somehow suddenly, all
at once, before a word has been spoken.'

And I realized that I had found, through no conscious effort
of my own, individuals who are enlightened, of which I would
like to include on the journey known as life.

'We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves
after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.' ~ Marcel Proust

'On a tombstone it's not the two dates that matter, but the
dash in between, for that represents your life story!' ~ Linda Ellis

* Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but
by the moments that take our breath away.


* Luce Restaurant Bar
8693, rue St-Denis @ Crémazie
Montreal, H2P 2H4
514.858.5823 Leo Iacono

No comments:

Post a Comment