Sunday, December 5, 2010

'Enlightenment' Dinner Observations

Ladies & Gentlemen,
I shall pass through this world but once ... Any good therefore that
I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any other human being,
let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not
pass this way again.

Such beautiful words, which came to my cerebral as I gleaned up and
own that long train of tables and saw factions of groups of 3 - 4 that
had formed. People exchanging stories and gesturing to emphasize their
contentment.

Back in my youth, as a product of my environment I was always in
a perpetual search of carnal knowledge. As I prowled the private clubs,
the bars and other venues for sexual gratification I came across the
beautiful, vivacious, and sultry older woman. I truly enjoyed the
enlightened fruit, but what enticed me, or what dictated my conquests
more was the devilishly, delicious divorcée. There was a creature of
infinite beauty and allure. To be in the presence of such a woman
of experience, without the baggage of a husband, was very stimulating
to the senses. Point in fact, there were several such very sultry
'Femmes Fatale' at the dinner party.
From this moment forward there shall, if they so desire, be made
room for to all the dinner parties and soirées to come. They will
be added potpourri. But I digress!

I'm back to extol the virtues of our latest gastronomic regale
and recount my elucidations. Once again, the evening was a fabulous
chef-d'oeuvre! What begun slowly and with very little fanfare
culminated into a most enchanting soirée. The best one yet, according
to several habitués. We amassed quite a montage of bon-vivants.

As is the case with each gathering, the dynamics and especially
the landscape changes. Not any more apparent than this recent group
of foodies and lovers of all things delicious. This ensemble was
different and unique, as they always are, but this time, due to
the volume of varied newcomers, was so much more eclectic.

Louise Latreille who drove from North Hatley, but none the less
It shows a certain commitment to the festivities. All these ladies
were positively delicious. And my buddy The Banker, who as been on
a month long whirlwind tour of his European operations, came to
dinner directly from the airport. A true friend.
Bubbles and her hubby, who came later in the game, but participated
fully. I do not say it enough that is a one very, well-meshed couple.

'Under the bright sun, many of us are gathered together with
different languages, different styles of dress, even different faiths.
However, all of us are the same in being humans, and we all uniquely
have the thought of 'I', and we're all the same in wanting happiness
and in wanting to avoid suffering.' ~ His Holiness the Dalai Lama

'The first step toward change is acceptance. Once you accept yourself,
you open the door to change. That's all you have to do. Change is
not something you do, it is something you allow.'

I'm a big proponent of evolution, and this group has definitely
evolved. It's similar to an ever changing, living organism that
grows as it absorbs particles it gathers along its journey, like
Patsy Gallant, looking tres chic and yummy. There's a fresh particle.
The disco diva, who encompassed most of my childhood fantasies, was
dining at my table. Surreal!

'What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared
to what lies within us.' ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bravo to the personnel, especially Audrey, who showed tremendous
stamina in a sea of privileged patrons, and in the face of our constant
barrage of requests. Kudos to Ross, chef extra-ordinaire who’s dishes
were absolutely sublime. The Sea Bass with a smidgen of squash concoct
was exquisite, moist and mouth watering. The filet mignon was cooked
to perfection, slightly bloody with a roasted outer layer. The Salmon
Tartare so sinful, I felt I needed to go to confession after dinner.
Inspiring! As is the case, repeatedly, Gianni's generosity is infinite.

'A man is relieved and gay when he has put his heart into his work
and done his best; but what he has said or done otherwise shall give
him no peace.' ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

'The world is divided into two classes; those who believe the incredible,
and those who do the improbable.' ~ Oscar Wilde

'To dream anything that you want to dream. That's the beauty of the
human mind. To do anything you want to do. That is the strength of the
human will. To trust yourself to test your limits, that is the courage
to succeed.'

I have been told, as was the case this time around, that such a group,
as we are, is a rare find, and should be preserved and nourished, to the
best of our ability. I try to be the enabler of such a noble task, and
at time, wonder if it's all for nothing, until these nights of ecstasy.
At one point I observed other patrons looking at our table and I sensed
certain invidiousness. We seem to have created a sort of regular troupe
or repeaters, of movers and shakers.

Finally, congratulations are in order to the ladies for showing they
are ladies. A special mention to the Matchmaker, who looked like she
stepped off of 'Sex in the City'. Everywhere I looked I observed
delectable limbs and slender stems that went to Heaven and back.
I relish in and appreciate the infinite beauty and exquisite curvature
of the female form. Show it, flaunt it, admire it and allow it to blossom.
For that I salute you all.

'Camminando le donne può tutto mostrare...Ma niente non lasciare vedere!
(Sensual women can show everything, without revealing anything!).'
~ Marcello Mastroianni

I believe in a long, prolonged derangement of the senses to attain
the unknown. Our pale reasoning hides the infinite from us. The body
is the soul's prison unless the five senses are fully developed and
open. I consider the senses as the windows of the soul. I think the
highest and lowest points are the important ones. Anything else is
just in between. I want the freedom to try everything, and to truly
release my soul.

Someone once said, "Life's euphoria is made up of little moments,
you steal away from the mundane." This was such a moment.

Life comes with no guarantees, no time outs, no second chances, you
just have to live life to the fullest!

Love,
xoxox

* Observed May 28, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment