Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Sam Shepard R.I.P.

'I didn't go out of my way to get into this movie stuff. I think of myself as a writer.' ~ Sam Shepard

* A playwright extraordinaire whose work carried a poetic voice full of passion, soul, sometimes desperation and heartbreak that could rip right through you. He was also a director and a fine actor. In all, he wrote forty-four plays, along with short stories, essays, and memoirs. He won the Pulitzer Prize for Drama for 'Buried Child' (1979)... nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of pilot Chuck Yeager in 'The Right Stuff' (1983). He seemed to disappear for a while…as it turns out, he had ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) - that most cruel disease that leaves the mind intact while shutting down the ability to move and then, at the end, to breathe. May your final act be a peaceful one for all eternity.

* From all of us at © From Where I Sit™ we extend our deepest condolences for the passing of such an immense talent.

* 'Bloodline' (2015–2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment