Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday Blues !‏

Today I woke early, my brain alternating between churning over all
the tasks that await my attention, and the thoughts I'd rather dwell
in, as the clock ticked gently on to a decent hour. I drifted in and
out of consciousness, witnessing those weird dreams that appear so
real, yet make no sense at all.. Eventually the tasks won, and I
breakfasted at my desk, preparing some notes and researching for my
new novella becoming absorbed in my work, still in my nightshirt till
now (11.30am).

It's a beautiful sunny day here in Montreal, rather exciting and
inspiring . . . brimming with possibilities for the beginning of
another week. It's very quiet and still where I live, just moments
from a busy high street and main trajectory and the birds chattering
are the only sounds to compete with the mellow jazz sounds emanating
from my computer. . . and my breath as I sigh at what I have done
and have left to do.

However, as I pause to write, a familiar quote runs through my
mind . . . 'Work harder on yourself than you do on your job.' ~ Jim Rohn

. . . and I know that's all it's going to take to get me pumped and
motivated to step outside for some fresh air and time to reflect on
the bigger picture. Hope you're having a great start to the day, and
if you're not that you have time to notice it and find a way to nourish
your soul in whatever way suits you.

* From Where I Sit!
March 19


No comments:

Post a Comment