Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring Interrupted‏ . . .

Today I woke early, without a headache ... such a bonus,
and I lay there for a moment of thankfulness, acknowledging
the pain free area across my forehead with a smile. I got
up to be greeted by freshly fallen flakes of white powder
. . . when I peeked out between the blinds. The fog in my
head has moved outside of me, and it's perfectly fine because
I can see clearly now exactly where I am and the direction
I'm headed, even if I'm not sure of the final destination.

'Let your mind start a journey thru a strange new world.
Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your
soul take you where you long to be. . . Close your eyes let
your spirit start to soar . . . and you'll live as you've
never lived before.' ~ Erich Fromm

I have been feeling tense and restless recently, plowing
my energy into projects that don't seem ready for me. Two
days off has given me the space to gain some valuable
perspective, to acknowledge areas that have been neglected
and focusing on my ultimate goals, rather than just the
stuff that is necessary for living.
Sometimes we search so hard for the answers to our dreams,
that we miss the vital steps we need to discover them; and
sometimes we just need to have faith that every step we
take is in the right direction to becoming the people we
are meant to be with all the experience life has to offer
us. I'm not very patient with myself, but I can see that
the only obstacles in my path are the fears that I place
there, built out of some insecurity and stubborn wishes
for different gifts to those I have been blessed with.

'Success is not a place at which one arrives but rather
the spirit with which one undertakes and continues the
journey.' ~ Alex Noble

Taking a moment to accept myself, forgive my weaknesses
and understand their role in my journey, has given me fresh
perspective, and I'm feeling brave again. This has been
helped along by some dear friends, who somehow understand
my mission, and are able to show me parts of myself that
I miss when I'm too focused on a small issue to see the
bigger picture, and to whom I am eternally grateful.

So today I am feeling back on form, which is just as well
as it's going to be a busy one, but somehow it seems much
more manageable, just one step at a time, and if I keep
moving, I'll end up where I'm meant to be eventually. I hope
that today presents some opportunities for you to discover
the steps on your path that will bring you joy, love and
happiness.


* From Where I Sit!
March 28


No comments:

Post a Comment